So you’ve dropped your smartphone into the toilet, sink or pool. Don’t panic! If you act fast you can prevent your smartphone from becoming water damaged. In today’s article, we’ll show you how you can save (or try at least) a water that has just dropped in water
First of all, remove the phone from the water as quickly as possible. The longer it stays there, the more water or liquid will seep through the cracks and openings of your phone. Once it’s out of the water, there are certain things you need to do right away, and certain things you should absolutely avoid doing in order to prevent water damage.
Do’s After Phone Dropped In Water
- Immediately take out your phone from water
- Remove battery, sim card, and Memory card
- Try to wipe the phone with cotton and a soft cloth
Don’ts After Phone Dropped In Water
- Don’t panic.
- Avoid starting your phone after taking your phone from water
- Use the hair dryer to dry your phone is not allowed
- Don’t try to remove hardware of your phone
1 – How To Fix Water Damaged Phone With Rice.
If your phone is damaged by water and wants to repair it than Rice helps to you some level. If your phone hardware is not damaged than using rice you can start your phone again.
Immediately take the phone out of the water.
Since it is a handy device which as many minutes holes when water enters through these pores and riches the hardware before that you have to take your phone out. If your phone stay longer in water than your phone hardware is more chances to damage
After taking out remove all of the parts of your phone.
- Once you takeout your phone from water, don’t start it. Firstly remove all of the parts like as Battery, Sim card, SD Card etc and put on water absorption clothes.
- Now take a bowl of rice and immerse your damaged phone in rice. Stay your phone 24 hours in a rice bowl for dry. After 5 hours change the position of your phone in rice. Never try to start your phone before complete all process
- After 24 hours your phone is fully dry and now take out your phone from it and put the battery in your phone and try to start it. Many cases this method is working but in your case, if this method does not work then try the second method.
2 – How To Fix Water Damaged Phone With Rubbing Alcohol.
You can also repair your damaged phone with Rubbing Alcohol. If rice method is not working than must use this method.
- Take a Container Larger Than Phone
- First, take a container which is larger and deeper than the phone size. If possible take the transparent container to observe the action. Clean container with a dry cloth to remove moisture, dust etc.
- Pour The Isopropyl Alcohol
- Now you need to pour the isopropyl alcohol in the container. Submerge the phone inside the alcohol for around 20 to 30 minutes. The isopropyl alcohol removes the moisture and water content from your phone. Take out your phone from the container and put the battery in your phone. Turn on your phone.
- So here we shared two easy methods for repaired water damaged phone. If you try both method and your phone is not started then your phone hardware is damaged and you need to give it to the mobile service center.
3 – How To Fix Water Damaged Phone
1. Turn it off if, it isn’t already and hold it upright.
2. Remove any protective casing and, if your phone has them, remove your SIM and microSD cards from their slots.
3. Open up the back and remove the battery, SIM card(s) and microSD card if you are able to (note that this won’t be possible with all phone models).
4. Use a cloth, sleeve or paper towel to dab your phone dry. Avoid spreading the liquid around, because that could push it into more of the phone’s openings. Just soak up as much as possible.
5. If the water damage is more extensive, you can use a vacuum to carefully suck out water stuck from the cracks that are harder to get at. Make sure any small parts, such as the microSD card, SIM card, or battery, are out of the way before attempting this.
6. Bury the phone in a ziplock bag full of uncooked rice. Rice is great for absorbing liquid and this is actually a common method for drying smartphones and tablets. You can also buy dedicated phone drying pouches, which are worth having at home if you’re the clumsy type. If you don’t have one at home, don’t bother going out to buy one. Indeed, time is of the essence, so get your phone into rice as soon as possible.
7. Let your phone dry for a day or two. Do not be tempted to switch it on see if it still works. Put your SIM card in an old phone, or ask a friend or family if they have a spare that you can borrow.
8. After a couple of days, you can remove the phone from the rice back, insert the battery into the phone and switch the phone on.
9. If your phone doesn’t turn on, try charging it. If it doesn’t charge, the battery may be damaged. You could try a replacement battery, or consider taking your smartphone to a repair shop to be checked by a professional.
10. If your phone has turned on and it is running as it should, you should still keep a close eye on it for the next few days, to see if you notice anything out of the ordinary. Play some music to check the speakers and ensure the touch screen still responds as it should.
Friends, If You Like The Post Kindly Comment Below The Post And Do Share Your Response, Thanks For Reading.